monterosa Freeride paradise Ski Camp
Wait, what did you say - freeride paradise? Yup
This place has all any true freeride skier could possibly want:
- unlimited off piste skiing √
- great lift infrastructure √
- tree skiing if the weather is not optimal √
- loads of backcountry touring options √
- technical challenging terrain √
- optional heliskiing with an overnight in Zermatt √
I think this place has all the boxes ticked. All you need to do is join me to discover just how good the place really is. Optimal time frame here is March-April.
Week highlights include:
- massive domain of interconnected lifts
- unlimited amounts of off piste skiing coupled with endless backcountry touring possibilities
- option to combine heli lifts on any given day
- exceptional food and lodging
- Guide fees
- accommodation and half board based on dbl occupancy
- assistance for travel logistics and planning
- lift fees
- lunches or drinks
- optional heli bump
- personal equipment
- travel to or from the course departure point
- rescue insurance
Monterosa Freeride Paradise Ski Camp Details
This is quite possibly the finest destination in the western Alps for incredible terrain found here.
Typical 6 day Program
Day 1 Welcoming day
Our first morning gets started with a breakfast briefing and course presentation. We will discuss a general theme and plans for the week and also do a quick gear check. This first day also includes an important avi "buddy check" refresher where we will go through the basics of avalanche safety as well as a few wise words about decision making and terrain selection.
Days 2-6 Perfecting technique and exploring
The following days are spent exploring the 3 valleys that comprise the Monterosa - Alagna, Gressoney and St Jacques/Champoluc. There are plenty of riding options in every valley including some good tree skiing above St Jacques.
Whilst the off piste is nearly endless, if we add a bit of side country touring into the mix - a whole new world can be discovered.
The heliski option is one that has to be considered as this is an exceptional experience followed an unique overnight in the famous ski village of Zermatt.
An evening briefing is held at dinner every night and we will discuss the following day's venue/plan. One evening will be spent analysing video critique to help each guest improve their skiing. Most courses will also offer a day of touring to reach more remote terrain, so if you have a touring gear set up, please bring it along. Guests should be prepared and able to handle changing snow conditions as well as the physical demands of long ski days that will include various amounts of hiking to access terrain.
Destination and timing are the most important decisions to be made when skiing or boarding off-piste. They can mean the difference between a good day and a fantastic one and are certainly crucial in having a safe day out.
The exact places we will ski depend entirely on the level of the group and the snow and weather conditions. We usually decide on the venue(s) the morning of departure. This is to maximise your time spent on the hill. Better wait 15 minutes to get the latest conditions then spend half the day trying to find them...
* Actual course details may vary due to safety reasons and the guide may modify the itinerary due to terrain, weather or other conditions
6 days, 5 nights
2018 COURSE DATES
Custom dates are also available - please contact me for more information
Excellent base fitness
Solid off-piste skiing level, upper intermediate skiers capable of linking parallel turns
Skiing may include sustained 35 to 40 degree slopes. S3/4
3 out of 5
3 out of 5
1,695 € / pp with min 2 guests
3,195 € private arrangement
Maximum group size is 6 : 1
Geneva Intl Airport, Switzerland - GVA
Turin Intl Airport, Italy
Off-Piste Skiing Courses
- Your ski clothing (socks, hats, extra gloves, goggles w/ extra lenses).
- Your personal ski gear (boots, skis – tuned and waxed, poles).
- A small day pack 20-30l for food/water and extra clothing
- A mountaineering style harness with opening leg loops and a locking pear shaped HMS carabiner
- Avalanche transceiver, shovel and probe
- Optional ABS style pack (not mandatory)
- Back country ski setup w/skins - can also be rented
To book this course - just hit the book now button